Introduction “How To Uninstall Avg Antivirus”
When it comes to keeping your computer safe from malicious software and other dangers, many people turn to AVG Antivirus. To switch to a new antivirus product or to do troubleshooting, however, you may need to remove AVG Antivirus. Step-by-step instructions are provided in this article for successfully removing AVG Antivirus from your computer.
Before Uninstalling AVG Antivirus
Be sure to have a backup antivirus program set up before removing AVG, since this is a necessary step before removing the program itself. You may be certain that the safety of your system will be preserved in this manner. You should also create a backup copy of your AVG Antivirus installation, as well as any custom scan settings or exclusion lists.
Uninstalling AVG Antivirus on Windows
1. Click “Control Panel” in the Start menu (or type “Control Panel” into the search bar and pick it).
2. Navigate to your computer’s “Programs” (or “Programs and Features,” depending on your Windows version) menu in the Control Panel window.
3. Locate “AVG Antivirus” or a similar item in the list of installed apps. Pick it and then hit the “Remove” or “Uninstall” button.
4. Let the AVG Antivirus uninstallation wizard guide you through the process. You may be asked to choose the features or settings you want to remove. Select the proper alternatives and continue.
5. Restarting your computer is the last step in permanently removing AVG Antivirus from your system once the uninstalling procedure is complete.
Uninstalling AVG Antivirus on Mac:
1. Launch your Mac’s Finder.
2. Navigate to your computer’s “Applications” folder and open “AVG Antivirus.”
3. Simply select the AVG Antivirus icon on your dock and move it to the trash can. To remove AVG Antivirus, you may also right-click its icon and choose “Move to Trash.”
4. The last step in the uninstalling process is to right-click the trash can icon and choose “Empty Trash.” When requested, please confirm the operation.
Uninstalling AVG Antivirus on Android:
How to Remove AVG Antivirus from Your Android Device:
1. To begin, launch the Android device’s “Settings” application.
2. Go into the settings menu, then choose “Apps” or “Application Manager.”
3. Look for “AVG Antivirus” in the list of programs you’ve set up, and then launch it.
4. Go to the app’s details page, and then choose “Uninstall” or “Remove.” When requested, please confirm the operation.
5. You may be need to restart your device when the uninstalling procedure is complete.
You may remove AVG Antivirus from your computer running Windows, Mac OS X, or Android by following these instructions. Keep your computer safe by switching to a different anti-virus program.