How To Uninstall Kaspersky
You, know the value of keeping your computer in tip-top shape. This article will help you remove Kaspersky anti-virus software from your computer, whether you want to try a new program or fix compatibility problems. With our help, removing Kaspersky from your computer will be a simple and straightforward task. What are we waiting for?
Before You Begin
The following should be considered before beginning the uninstallation procedure:
First and foremost, you should back up your data and files before removing any antivirus software. In the event that complications arise when attempting to remove the program, you will have a backup copy of all of your data.
Before removing Kaspersky, make sure you have another antivirus program installed and running. Having constant security against dangers is essential.
If you have a licensed version of Kaspersky, you should either back up your license information or disable the program before deleting it. If you ever need to reinstall Kaspersky or move the license to another device, this will come in handy.
Step 1: Disable Kaspersky Protection
Kaspersky’s real-time protection and any background operations should be turned off before the uninstallation is started. To deactivate Kaspersky Protection, please do the following:
- Look for the Kaspersky symbol on your computer’s system tray, which is usually in the lower right corner of the display.
- Open the Kaspersky context menu by right-clicking the symbol.
- Try to find a way to temporarily disable or pause the antivirus software.
- To turn off the real-time protection function, choose the corresponding menu item. It’s possible that you’ll need to verify your selection.
- Turn off active scanning and the firewall in Kaspersky by going to the program’s interface.
Step 2: Uninstall Kaspersky via Control Panel
The Control Panel is where the vast majority of users will go to remove Kaspersky. To remove Kaspersky using this approach, please do the following:
- Open the Start menu and then go to the Settings menu.
- Navigate to the “Programs” or “Programs and Features” section of the Control Panel.
- Choose the button to open your computer’s application library.
- Look for Kaspersky Anti-Virus among the available programs.
- Pick “Uninstall” from the context menu after right-clicking on Kaspersky.
- Simply comply with the on-screen instructions to remove the program.
- To complete the uninstallation of Kaspersky, restart the computer.
Step 3: Remove Remaining Files and Folders
Kaspersky may still be partially installed on your computer even after you have removed it. These extra measures can help you remove everything:
- Launch File Explorer and go to where you put Kaspersky’s installation files. The “Program Files” or “Program Files (x86)” folder on your hard disk is usually the place to look.
- In uninstalling Kaspersky is to delete the whole Kaspersky folder.
- Next, bring up the Run window by using the “Windows + R” shortcut.
- Without quotation marks, type “%appdata%” and hit the Enter key. The AppData directory will now be visible.
- To delete any local Kaspersky files, repeat steps 3-5 for the “%localappdata%” folder.
Step 4: Perform a System Restart
It’s necessary to restart your computer once you’ve finished the uninstallation procedure and deleted any leftover files. This completes the process of removing K from your system.
Kaspersky, which guarantees a fresh installation free of any traces of previous antivirus software.
A thorough uninstallation of Kaspersky may be achieved by following the instructions provided in this article. If you want to keep your computer safe after removing Kaspersky, you should use another antivirus program. Keep your antivirus software up-to-date and your guard up at all times.