How To Use Bittorrent Sync
BitTorrent Sync, currently called Resilio Sync, is a robust peer-to-peer application for synchronizing and sharing large amounts of data. Without resorting to online storage, you may safely exchange files across your devices and keep them in sync. In this detailed tutorial, you’ll learn how to synchronize your files across several devices and operating systems with the help of BitTorrent Sync.
Installing BitTorrent Sync:
1. First, get the Windows, Mac, Linux, or NAS version of BitTorrent Sync (Resilio Sync) from their official website.
2. Once the installer has been downloaded, double-click it and follow the on-screen directions to finish the installation. Start up BitTorrent Sync after it’s finished installing.
Creating a Sync Folder:
1. To begin syncing new files, run BitTorrent Sync and then click the “+” or “Add Folder” button.
2. Choose the local folder you want to sync and share. Identify the folder on other devices where the data will be copied and give it a meaningful name.
3. Set permissions, enable selective sync, and adjust other advanced parameters to suit your needs by modifying the folder’s properties.
4. Once the sync folder has been appropriately named, choose “OK” or “Create” to complete the process.
Sharing Sync Folder:
1. First, on the BitTorrent Sync interface, choose the folder you want to share.
2. Pick a method of sharing, such as creating a QR code, copying the link, or inviting others through email.
3. Install BitTorrent Sync on the destination device and choose the desired sharing mechanism to get access to the synchronized folder.
1. Once the sync folder is shared across devices, all linked devices will immediately sync any changes made to the contents inside the folder.
2. To ensure quick and safe synchronization, BitTorrent Sync makes use of peer-to-peer technology to transmit data directly across devices.
3. BitTorrent Sync’s user interface has a built-in sync progress meter and sync history view that let you keep tabs on your file transfers and make sure everything is in sync.
Additional Features and Settings:
First, you may pick which files and folders within a sync folder you want to synchronize by using BitTorrent Sync’s selective sync capability.
Second, you may restrict who can read or write to a certain folder by setting up rights.
You may alter your preferences, bandwidth, encryption, and other sophisticated features by going to the settings menu.
If you follow these instructions, you’ll be able to utilize BitTorrent Sync (Resilio Sync) to safely share and sync data across many devices. You may get all the perks of P2P file syncing without using any cloud services, protecting your privacy and control.